Summer is almost here, and you want to try a new fitness routine, but you don’t know where to start. Mike O’Hagan, Lustbader Center Fitness Manager, has some ideas to help you start a fresh fitness program!
Keys to a Fresh Fitness Program
- Find your reason to train – What are your goals and why are you pursuing them? Pinpoint your inspiration to help you succeed.
- Make a plan – Plan out weekly workouts and put them on a schedule. You’re more likely to do them if they are scheduled.
- Be realistic – Have smaller goals within your large goal so that you can have points of success along your journey to the ultimate goal.
- Write it down – Cross off daily workouts on your calendar and keep a food journal. This will keep your goal at the front of your mind.
- Share your goals – Vocalizing will help keep you accountable. Use word of mouth or social media.
- Focus on the first 30 days – Push yourself to make it to the end of the month. Research shows that making it to the 30-day point can help increase your chances for long term success.
- Don’t forget to celebrate – Recognize what you’ve achieved, even the small stuff. This will help you boost your confidence, puts your success into perspective, and pushes you to continue to succeed.