July 6, 2020
Dear Marvin Lustbader Health Club Members,
We hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer! With great excitement, we are thrilled to announce that the Marvin Lustbader Health Club, powered by Midtown, will reopen on Wednesday, July 15. Our reopen protocol and procedures are in accordance with Restore Illinois Phase 4 guidelines to ensure the health and safety of members and employees. We are also pleased to share that we will not be charging for club usage in July; monthly billing will resume on August 1.
As we plan to return to the Marvin Lustbader Health Club, there are several important things to note about the reopening:
Hours of Operation
The following hours of operation are in effect July 15 to August 6:
- Monday – Friday
- 6:00-8:00am: All Areas Open
- 8:00am–12:30pm: Fitness Center Area Only, Locker Room and Pool Not Available; Marvin Lustbader Health Club Members will be asked to use a separate entrance during this time as day camp will be in session during these hours.
- 12:30-7:00pm: All Areas Open
- Pool Hours Coming Soon
- Saturday & Sunday
- 7:00am-1:00pm: All Areas Open
New Safety, Cleaning and Sanitizing Policies
- All members and employees will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms upon entry as follows:
- Contactless temperature check with an infrared thermometer
- Answer to specific questions regarding symptoms
- If temperature is at 100.4 degrees or higher and the answer to any health screening question is yes, the member or employee will be required to leave the premises and will not be able to return until 72 hours after the temperature has returned to normal and any symptoms have resided.
- All Marvin Lustbader Health Club employees will be required to wear masks. Per Restore Illinois Phase 4 guidelines, members will be required to wear masks in the facility when they are not exercising but will be allowed to take the mask off during exercise.
- Members will be required to support a safe Marvin Lustbader Health Club community by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Use wipes to sanitize equipment after each use
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently
- Use hand sanitizer available throughout the Club
- Keep proper physical distancing of 6 feet or greater in all areas
- Extensive cleaning protocols for Marvin Lustbader Health Club staff will be implemented to ensure a clean and sanitary environment:
- Disinfection of all equipment and high touch surfaces on a continuous basis
- Deep cleaning after the Club closes each day
- Enhanced training for staff on cleaning protocols
- Marvin Lustbader Health Club is committed to ensuring proper physical distancing of 6 feet or greater at all times:
- Decals will be placed on floor at entrance to ensure physical distancing during check-in
- Decals will be placed in group exercise studios to ensure physical distancing
- Every other cardiovascular machine will be blocked off
- Lockers will be blocked off to support physical distancing in the locker rooms
- Marvin Lustbader Health Club will adhere to the following additional Restore Illinois Phase 4 guidelines:
- Proper signage throughout the Club to promote the guidelines
- Occupancy to be monitored to ensure compliance to 50% capacity
- Pick-up and organized basketball games or other contact sports will be prohibited at this time (individual shooting basketballs in the gym will be allowed)
- Steam rooms will be closed
- Per decision by Midtown Health and JCC Chicago, childcare will not be available.
- We will not charge accounts for club usage in July. Monthly billing will resume on August 1. We will be in touch next week with more details about the payment process.
Thank you for your continued partnership and support during this unprecedented time. We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Club and to be back together soon! Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
In Good Health,
The Marvin Lustbader Health Club Team