Dear Marvin Lustbader Health Club Members,
I hope this email finds you well and that everyone is staying safe and enjoying the warm spring weather. Today, we have some exciting news to share about an upcoming transition to the beautiful Marvin Lustbader Health Club space.
Since its inception in 2016, the Marvin Lustbader Center has welcomed individuals and families for health, wellness and fitness at the Bernard Weinger JCC. We have proudly met members’ wellness needs with best-in-class equipment, instructors and personal training, most recently in partnership with Midtown Health. Still, the fitness industry has been significantly impacted by the pandemic, a dynamic that is being felt nationally, and at our own club.
Looking ahead, we have reimagined how this space can have an even greater impact for our community. This spring, the Marvin Lustbader Center will transition into a flexible community space that will allow for additional programming on-site while still providing health and wellness programs and experiences.
Community wellness is an important focus and new fitness areas will be debuted throughout the Bernard Weinger JCC campus to support both group and individual pursuits. We are pleased to share the following highlights with you today:
- Expanded group exercise schedules with a new slate of outdoor classes and programs, such as triathlon training, running club, sunshine yoga, boot camp and more.
- The Mind/Body Studio will be retained as a dedicated group exercise room with a class schedule taught by marquis instructors.
- The gymnasium will remain central to sport and fitness programming as well as home to pickleball and basketball among other new leagues.
- Training Studios in the fitness wing will be available to members.
- Aquatics programming will build upon current offerings, including personal fitness, masters swim, lifeguard training, swimming lessons and group exercise classes.
- Full locker room and towel service will continue to be provided.
We are proud to debut our reimagined space for greatest community impact at a time when connection is more important than ever. With this new model, cultural events, films and lectures, open game hours, teen programming and more will now also have a home at Bernard Weinger JCC and we welcome you to join us for these programs and more!
Please know that with this new model comes new, community-minded pricing. Starting May 1, monthly membership dues will be lowered to $36 per person up to a maximum of $72 per family to provide greater accessibility to our community.
It is exciting to share this new vision with you—please be on the lookout for our soon-to-be-released spring schedule featuring a new slate of outdoor classes and programming. Should you have questions about your membership or seek additional detail at this time, please contact Sandy Gregerman at firstname.lastname@example.org directly. As always, we thank you for being part of our JCC Chicago community.
Chief Operating Officer